Thursday, January 31, 2013

Logan Day 8

Logan is doing pretty well today!  His flow was decreased (this is the pressure they are supplying to him to help prevent apnea episodes) and if he keeps it up, then he will be off of it tomorrow!  I think he will like that because today he was trying to pull the tubes out of his nose while he was sleeping.  It was pretty cute, but I had to reprimand him for it.

He is still off the bili lights, but his bilirubin levels did go up to an 8.  If they go up any higher, he will have to go back under the lights.  :(  As cute as he is with his sunglasses, hopefully he won't have to wear them again.

They increased the amount of breast milk he is getting, but he wasn't digesting all of it.  Instead of decreasing the amounts, they decided to stretch out the time he gets it.  Now he receives the food over a 2.5 hours time period.  His feeding tube was also changed to his left nostril.  Oh, and he is now only receiving my milk, no more donor milk, so go boobs!  I never thought I would cheer on my boobs, but such is my life now.  I've talked to other moms and they say they've done the same thing, so at least I'm not alone.  Hehe.  Unfortunately, though, I may have a clogged duct or infection, so I'm watching that carefully and trying to see if it can get better on its own.

He had an ultrasound today of his head to make sure there were no bleedings.  This came back negative, so his head and brain are looking good!

He also gained a little weight, he's now up to 4lbs 3.7oz!  We'll take every little bit we can get.

I visited him twice today.  The first time Noelle and I went, so he got to meet his Auntie Noelle!  I had a lactation consultation to try non-nutritive feeding (he's not ready quite yet for the nutritive).  I pumped beforehand and then we got him out of his pod.  He got a decent latch and just hung out for 30 minutes in my arms.  He suckled and licked a little, but seemed to recognize that my nipple was important.  I was so proud of him.  I have to say, too, it's so sweet just looking down at him like that.  He actually had his eyes open and was just staring at me.  At one point he grabbed ahold of my hair and was just clutching.  My heart melted.  I just adore my little man!

Jesse and I came back tonight - but we got there a little later than planned.  Traffic was AWFUL tonight!  Last night we had the crazy rain and winds, yet traffic was so light.  But tonight we just got stuck.  Boo!  We met up with my best friend Barin, her husband Jonathan & their cute daughter Ella.  Jonathan came back with us first to meet Logan (children aren't allowed in the NICU, so they had to split Ella-watching duties.  Which isn't a bad thing because she's just so darn cute!).  Unfortunately, they wouldn't let us take him out of his pod because he was still being fed and they didn't want him to spit it up.  I know Jesse was really disappointed, he looks forward to his daily holdings of Logan, as do I.  :(  Next, Barin came back to see him again.  I noticed Logan trying to pull out his tubes while Jesse was out getting Barin, so I just put my finger in his little hand to stop him.  It was so cute because he just grabbed on and held it for awhile.





We headed home after that.  We're exhausted and tomorrow is trash day, so that needed to be put together.

But, for fun, take a look at Jesse's and my baby pictures and one of Logan.  I think with regards to these pics, he doesn't really look like either of us.  BUT, compared to later pictures of Jesse (like, at 1 month old), he definitely takes after his dad.  I'll find one of those and post it later on.  It's hard to believe that he is one week today!  I hope that he is still on the 3-4 week time frame.  If so, that means only 2-3 more weeks until he gets to come home.  Fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment