Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jesse

This morning I would like to pay tribute to my wonderful husband!  Right now he is making me pancakes for my birthday - and he made me a brownie cake to eat for later.  But that's not the only reason I am doing this.  This man has been my rock for the past two weeks.  I know that I was the one who had to go through all of the treatment, the labor, delivery, etc.  But he had to experience all of that as a worried husband who couldn't do much to help his wife.  So he did what he could do, and I want him to know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

He took care of our pets - finding people to feed the cats and taking Yoda to his mom's house to watch. And then picking Yoda up from puppy daycare to bring home the night I went into labor.  He also communicated with my boss when I wasn't able to talk on the phone.  When I was doped up on magnesium sulfate, he patiently unhooked me from everything, helped me stand up, and walked me to the bathroom whenever I needed to go.  He wet a wash cloth to put on my forehead.  Brought me clothes from home.  And a blanket.  He spent 4 nights sleeping on not-terribly-comfortable "beds" in my rooms.  We facetimed with the pets the night he did go home.  He got me water when I needed it.  Whenever the doctors came in or the nurses gave me new medication, he was very good about writing it all down.

When I was in labor he dealt with my yelling an almost taking a chunk out of him.  We joke about it now and he says he was waiting for my head to spin around à l'Exorcist.  He took our families and friends down to the NICU to see Logan (although I don't think that was a hardship at all :) when I couldn't get out of bed.  He brought me McDonald's as my first meal post-labor & delivery (I just needed grease!).  He also helped me take my first shower when I could barely stand and washed my pump parts in the middle of the night when I could barely tell him what to do because I was still probably 95% asleep.

And when we got home from the hospital he has been just as sweet.  I'm trying to do somethings around the house, but I'm not back to 100% at all.  He has unloaded the dishwasher a few times, carried things for me & done the kitty litter (although it will be my turn to do that soon).  Not to mention that he has gone back to work until Logan comes home.  Needless to say, I don't need a push present at all, I'm pretty sure Jesse is the one who needs a push present.  He's been awesome, supportive & amazing.  I couldn't ask for a better husband and I really have to brag about him.  It's not fair that I'm getting all of the attention or sympathy.  I'm not saying that labor & delivery was easy.  But please, remember what the husbands (or significant others) go through as well.  At least we're somewhat in control.  They have no control over what is going on.

I love you Jesse!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment