Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Logan 2/19

Logan had a good day today!  He has been bumped up to 5-6 bottles a day.  It's up to the nurses how many they want to try.  They're going to start with 5 and see how he does.  Really, it depends on if he is awake enough or not.  He now weighs 6lbs and his feedings have been upped - 50cc for tube feedings and 45-55cc for breast/bottle feedings.

Today we went up to visit Logan together.  I had to run up to school to drop off some things and pick up 2 assignments I had graded before I left and wanted to put in the grade book since grades are due tomorrow.  I also stayed to watch Yoda.  It's nearly impossible to keep a dog who looooooves food to stay off of his feet when it's time to eat.  His leg is definitely bothering him more today, it's so sad for me to see him walking and falling over because his leg gives out.  I almost cried a thousand times watching him.  I carried him outside to go to the bathroom and he kept falling over while trying to go.  Then, when I picked him up to carry him back inside, I tripped and fell over on him.  I did start crying then because I was afraid I hurt him more.  He was shaking in my arms, so awful!  I now have a very bruised knee.  Boo!

When we got to the hospital, I nursed Logan after Jesse changed his diaper and he was weighed.  He latched on well and I very carefully watched him to make sure he was breathing.  If it looked like he stopped, I would give him a nudge or start to pull him off - and he would start to breathe.  So great job Little Man!  He ended up nursing for 30 minutes and when he was weighed we saw he'd taken 58cc!!!!!!  Wow!  We couldn't believe it.  The nurse said that we should still offer him the bottle and see if he would take anymore, because the scales aren't always 100% correct.  Well, he then took 9 more cc of milk.  And he had no episodes.

Afterwards, Logan was very awake while I pumped, so Jesse played with him.  Then when I finished pumping we went to the 2nd floor Special Care Nursery and enjoyed some pizza.  The support group has pizza and pasta every 1st and 3rd Tuesdays in the lobby.  We then went to say goodnight to Logan.  This was during shift change, so we saw both his day nurse and night nurse.  They were talking about Logan and said how cute he is and how much they love him.  The night nurse said she likes to hold him at night because he's so sweet.  What an awesome little man!

Enjoy these videos and pictures:











No comments:

Post a Comment