Monday, February 4, 2013

Logan Day 11

Yesterday was a big day for Logan!  He had been moved up to the 7th floor NICU Saturday evening.  That's the room where the babies go to eat & sleep once they stabilize.  Jesse and I were at Target looking at rugs for the Star Wars room when the Nurse Practitioner called.  She said that Logan was doing great!  He had gained another ounce up to 4lbs 6oz.  His bilirubin levels haven't gone up, so they won't check them every day unless he starts looking yellow.  He is also eating his full amount of milk.  And the biggest step is that he is out of his space ship and is now in an open crib - and wearing clothes!  That means I need to do Logan's laundry now so he can wear some of his own clothes.

Jesse and I headed up to Northside around 1:15 so we could get there by his 2:00 feeding.  We practiced nursing again, but he was mostly sleeping.  So I just cuddled my little man for awhile.  He finally woke up for a little bit and he just started smiling.  I don't care that "they" say babies don't smile until a certain age, he was smiling.  See for yourselves:



Jesse also snuggled Logan for awhile while I pumped.  Then, Logan got to meet his Great-Aunt Lynda!  Courtney & Lynda stopped by to see the Little Man.  here's a picture of Lynda & Logan:


Jesse and I left soon after that.  Iw anted to go to Carter's and exchange the preemie clothes I got for newborn size (preemie length is 17" and Logan was born 17.25").  Well...  Carter's was having a sale - 40% off the entire store.  They had such cute outfits and clothes.  Plus, Logan really needs clothes that don't have feet on them, since his oxygen sensor is on his foot.  And he needs outfits with snaps so his lines can have a way out.  So I found some cute things.  And then when we got home I went through all of his clothes and sorted them by size.  He may not need anymore newborn clothes.  It depends on how well he takes care of these outfits.  :)

Well, I have to go find someone to take me to my car.  But have a nice Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment