Friday, February 8, 2013

Logan Days 15 & 16

Logan is still rockin' it!  As of Thursday he was 4lbs 12.5oz, and today he was up to 4lbs 15oz.  Little Man is a growing machine.  He's filling out and his cheeks are getting chubbier.  I have to say, he's so cute!

He's doing great with his feedings, too.  Yesterday he took 24cc of milk from a bottle.  He needs to be able to take 39cc.  Well, today he took the full bottle, so they are going to see if he will do 2 bottles a day!  Also, he and I have homework - to work on breastfeeding.  So now when I go up, I am going to nurse him.  Then, he will finish off with a bottle.  That means I need to better coordinate with the nurses when I will be up there, because they want to space out his feedings.  They don't want non-feeding tube feedings to be back-to-back, because those can tire him out.

I'm working on getting his room put together - I washed and put away all of his clothes.  Now I need to wipe down the walls in there and try to put together his bookcase.  He has tons of books already!

Yesterday Jesse and I got to the hospital later than normal because we had an appointment elsewhere at 5:00.  We got to Northside around 7:00 and hung out with our little man until about 8:00-ish or so.  We just held and snuggled him while we were there.  I love the little noises he makes as he sleeps, it's so cute!  The nurses say he's a good baby, he just sleeps and hardly cries.  Let's hope he keeps that up when he comes home!

Today Jesse's office had a surprise baby shower for him after work!  I wanted to show up around 4:30 when it began, but I went up to school after classes were out to drop stuff off and pick stuff up.  It was weird being there after being gone for 3 weeks, but so very nice to see everyone!  I miss work and seeing everyone.  Since Logan isn't home yet, it's pretty weird being at home while school is in.  Sometimes I look at the clock and think, "Oh, it's 3rd period right now."  But the point of this is that I had fun catching up with everyone and ended up leaving later than originally planned, so I got to the baby shower around 5:30, and then had to leave at 6:00 to go home and pump.

After that, Jesse and I went up to the hospital to see our Little Man.  He was snoozing away in his bed. It's great that we can just lift him out ourselves now.  We don't have to wait for nurses to get him for us or put him back, we can do it ourselves.  So we just cuddled our guy.  I could just stare at him all day long.  He just slept for us and didn't really wake up until we were about to leave.

Of course, not everything can go perfectly.  When we got back home, we discovered that our dryer has stopped working, so now we get to go dryer shopping.  Yay!  Super fun, just what I wanted to do...  Oh well, c'est la vie!

On a brighter note, here are some pictures of Logan from yesterday and today!





No comments:

Post a Comment