Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Logan Yesterday & Today

So how is Mr. Logan doing?  Well, he's 35 weeks today!  One more week and we're to the point where I could have gone back to work if I had been on bedrest.  Ha!  Little Man is now up to 5lbs 6.5oz!  He's doing better with the bottles, so they've added another one.  I don't think he's ever finished all of both bottles on the same day, but he's doing well enough they feel confident he can add in another one - that is if he is awake!  He hasn't had any recorded apnea cases (or really bradycardia), so that's good, too!  All in all he is just feeding and growing.

Before heading up to see Logan, I managed to get an appointment with my dermatologist to see about my rash.  Basically, they believe it's an allergic reaction to medicine - most likely the Advil I'd been taking (800mg 3x a day right after I came home, then as needed).  But, because I've been on so many different medicines over the last three weeks, they couldn't say for sure it was the Advil.  It's definitely spread, too - up and down my arms, across my chest, on my stomach, on my lower back and now on my thighs.  Yummy!  Gotta love rashes!  The dermatologist said that it's not contagious, and to use a steroid creme and take one Claritin a day - as long as the neonatologist said I could.  Fortunately, the creme and Claritin are acceptable for Logan, so that's good.

Yesterday I spent most of the day up there.  Jesse was able to spend some time from 2:00-2:30 there as well.  He had a doctor's appointment across the street and was in the area.  I tried nursing Logan at his 2:00 feeding, but he decided to sleep through it, so we snuggled instead.  I can't complain about that!  Around 3:00, he had some VIP visitors:  His Grandpa Wade, Uncle Carson, Cousin Austin & Great-Aunt Lynda.  They got to see him looking even better and bigger - but he did sleep through most of their visit, too.  Silly Little Man!  Jesse came back and hung with his family some.  While he did that I went and visited our friends who just had their little girl.  She is such a beauty!  Maybe one day she will be Logan's girlfriend - hehe!  Regardless, she will definitely be his playmate.

After I returned to Logan's pod, Jesse and his family left to go out to eat while I tried to nurse him.  He latched a little and suckled a little, but that was all.  I held him for awhile before putting him back so I could pump.  When I was done, he had decided to wake up.  He was just looking around and absorbing everything.  I had such a hard time leaving him!  I had Book Club, though, and really wanted to make it since I had missed the last one and we always take a break in December.  So I left and headed to Book Club where I stuffed my face with some delicious chocolate cookies (yum yum!).

Today I didn't go up to the hospital until Jesse got off work.  We had a pediatrician interview around lunchtime.  We have three lined up this week - one today, one tomorrow & one on Friday.  We really liked the office and the pediatrician a lot.  In fact, we liked him so much, we're worried about how we'll make a decision if they are all that great.  Yikes!  It's not that I want one to be awful, but if there can be something we don't like, then that will help.  We have to have one picked out before Logan can come home.  We'll see how tomorrow goes!

I've also been carting back one load of laundry each day to my mom's house to dry.  Even though our dryer broke, I still needed to get laundry done.  It's been building up way too much.  We get our new dryer tomorrow, so that will be great to be able to dry the clothes at home!  I also had to run to the vet to pick up a special shampoo for Yoda.  It turns out he has some fungal infection and needs to be bathed twice a week for at least 4 weeks.  He will be one clean pumpkin!

Jesse and I headed up to Northside when he got off work.  We were running a little behind and I was worried that we would miss his feeding.  Thankfully, the nurse had decided to start his feeding late (she had 4 babies who all were supposed to be fed at the same time - not really possible if more than one needs a bottle).  So Jesse changed Logan's diaper and I settled in to nurse Logan.  The nurse weighed him before hand, just in case he had a good session.  Well, Little Man decided that tonight he was going to nurse well.  After about 5 minutes of trying to decide what he was going to do, he latched on and started suckling.  He was breathing well and swallowing.  I was so proud of him!  He kept eating for about 10 or so minutes straight, maybe a little longer.  When he finally seemed tired out, we weighed him again and he had taken in 10cc!  That's almost a quarter of his regular feedings.  If he can keep this up, we can conquer one feeding with just nursing.  That will make it easier when he gets home.  I'm not really looking forward to having to pump, then bottle feed him every 3 hours.  I know there are other moms out there who have done that.  I can only imagine that takes up pretty much the majority of your time with a newborn.

After I nursed him, I passed him off to Jesse so I could pump.  We just sat quietly in the room for about an hour and Jesse got to snuggle our little man.  We finally put him back and tucked him in.  We stopped by my mom's to get one last load of laundry I hadn't had a chance to pick up and came home.  Next week I hope to concentrate on getting his room set up.  The first thing I have to do, though, is wipe down his walls, and I just haven't been able to get around to doing that.  So... we'll see.  Anyways, here are some pictures of the little guy looking cute as cute can be:

Oh, and thanks Kristi, Wayne & Jake for his Star Wars crib sheet!  Everyone loves it!









No comments:

Post a Comment